Friday, July 22, 2011

Scratching the Itch (w/paintbrushes of course!)

What a find! Now...a theme...
Today I was thrilled to pick up these two at my local thrift store. Honest, my first thoughts were "photos". (I've spent the past two days away from the heat, in the comfort of air conditioning, cutting away at scrapbooking idea magazines!) But alas, I'm a gal who really likes to repaint, modge-podge, and collage away, so I'm focusing my creative energy on themes now. Vintage...definitely. Victorian...without a doubt. Story...either borrowed or my own. Photos? Epherma? Clipart? Glitter? Holidays?
I'm feeling a bit like Michelanglo on this one. Tonight I'll clean and prep the shadow boxes and then I'll work through it slowly and wait for the art inside to reveal itself to me. Along the way, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment